Before coming to Poland and Krakow, you should prepare yourself for journey. You should prepare your equipment and cloths regarding to weather and your planned activities. In this article we will help you what to take with you to Poland. So lets learn how to pack for travel to Krakow
Before leaving your home with luggage, you should know what you are going to do in Poland. What activities you eager to take part. This will help you to asses which cloth and items you would need.
Also check weather in Krakow in our article according to month when you will stay in Poland. Lets find out how to pack for travel to Krakow!
1. CHOOSE THE RIGHT TRAVEL BAG FOR YOUR TRIP
Despite limitation of airlines you should choose you luggage carefully. Do not take to small or to huge. You might bring home some souvenirs so never pack your luggage to maximum. You need to know how to pack for travel to Krakow or to bag-pack or suitcase or duffel bag.
Its always to have less number of bags – this help you while travelling from airport to city. You can go by taxi, bus or train.
Always you should have small light bag-pack, for daily trips. Where you will put your water, souvenirs and most important items for that day. Small bag-pack are comfortable because they don’t restrain your hands. Choose small bag-pack with zipper from inner side – it will be impossible to pick pocket you.
2. ORGANISE YOUR TRAVEL ESSENTIALS AND PACK FOR KRAKOW
Plan your travel in home. Keep your items organized. You can use packing organizers, which you can buy online.
3. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, INSURANCE, CASH, AND CARDS
Be prepare while boarding on plane to have valid passport or ID card. Also prepare before your boarding cards, you can print them and put them in wallet.
In Poland there is no Euro as currency, so you should be prepared to buying PLN in your country or exchanging your money to PLN in Krakow. Never exchange money in airport – bad and low rates you will loose your money.
If you do not want to exchange a lot of money you can pay in many places in Krakow by card. But always its good to have some PLN in cash with you.
We highly recommend to have travel insurance during all your stay in Poland. Which can help you if your luggage will be lost or if you will have some injury.
4. CLOTHING PACKING LIST:
- Lightweight clothing that can be layered and rolled
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Sweaters or fleece jacket [might be useful between September and April]
- T-shirts and tank tops (be respectful of the places you are visiting, some churches and temples have dress code)
- Pants [and shorts from May its not cold any more in Poland till end of September]
- Dresses and/or skirts
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain jacket, wind-breaker or umbrella [If you plan to be in Spring, Summer and Autumn]
- Winter jacket [If you plan to come in Winter or in cold months – for this check articles about WEATHER in Krakow]
- Underwear, Socks
- Sunglasses and glasses case [summer sun can be your enemy in June – August months]
- Scarf, cap and gloves for cold months in Krakow [November – March]
- Swimsuit [If you plan swimming pools or thermal baths near Krakow]
5. ESSENTIALS AND OTHER ITEMS PACKING LIST:
- Passport / ID
- Phone charger
- Phone with GPS and Maps and Translator App
- EU adapters for your electronics
- Flip flops (for the bathrooms or swimming pools)
- Sun cream
- Medicines / painkillers
- Camera with charger
- Picture for documents [If you stay longer then 7 days in Krakow, you might consider to make
- Public Communication Card, which allow you to travel via buses and trams in Krakow]